Silly Face Salad
Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 green onion, sliced (white portion only)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 cups shredded lettuce or whole lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved, or thin wedges of tomato
- 1/4 cup green or black olives, halved
- Fresh herbs sprigs, such as dill, parsley, or basil
Let's make it! ¡Vámanos!
(Kid's Help part in italics)
1. For dressing, in a blender, combine orange juice, green onion, lemon juice, and mustard. Blend until onion is minced. With blender running on low speed, slowly add olive oil. Transfer to a small container; set aside until ready to serve.
2. Cut carrots into small bite-size slices and/or use a peeler to create thin carrot ribbons. On 4 salad plates, place lettuce leaves and use carrots and other vegetables and herbs to make silly faces.
3. When ready to serve, drizzle with dressing.
The tomato lips on this silly salad are rojo. What other colors do you see?
Dora and Diego Let's Cook
- by Nickelodeon
- Wiley 2010
- $16.95; Hardcover; 128 pages
- ISBN-10: 0470639423
- ISBN-13: 978-0-470-63942-9
- Reprinted by permission.
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created January 2011