Fiesta Trio Frittata
Makes 4 servings
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 stir-in choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella
Let's make it! ¡Vámanos!
(Kid's Help part in italics)
1. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, water, salt, and pepper. Use a fork or a whisk to mix really well. Add 1 stir-in and stir again to combine.
2. Heat oil in an 8-inch skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, run a spatula around edge of skillet, lifting cooked eggs to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath. Continue until eggs are nearly set. Cover and cook for 2 minutes more.
3. Remove from heat; top with cheese. Return cover and let stand for 1 to 2 minutes until cheese softens. Cut into wedges and serve.
Ham & Asparagus
- 1 cup cooked 2-inch pieces of asparagus
- 3/4 cup chopped low-sodium ham,cubed
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
Spinach & Tomato
- 2/3 cup wilted, well-drained, and chopped spinach
(or thawed frozen spinach, well-drained)
- 1/3 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives (optional)
Broccoli & Roasted Red Pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cooked broccoli
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (optional)
Dora and Diego Let's Cook
- by Nickelodeon
- Wiley 2010
- $16.95; Hardcover; 128 pages
- ISBN-10: 0470639423
- ISBN-13: 978-0-470-63942-9
- Reprinted by permission.
Buy Dora and Diego Let's Cook
This page created January 2011