Makes 8 to 10 servings
Let's make it! ¡Vámanos!
(Kid's Help part in italics)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. In a medium bowl, mash 2 bananas with a fork until smooth.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, combine milk, eggs, canola oil, and mashed banana. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
3. Heat a lightly greased griddle or a large heavy skillet on medium heat until a few drops of water dance across the surface. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle.
4. Cook until surface is bubbly and edges are slightly dry; turn and cook until pancakes are golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Keep pancakes warm in oven in a loosely covered ovenproof dish while cooking remaining pancakes.
5. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat sliced banana and maple syrup for 1 to 2 minutes until heated through and banana begins to soften. Serve maple-banana mixture over pancakes.
This page created January 2011
Copyright © 1994-2017,