Dora and Diego Let's Cook
Just in time for the tenth anniversary of Dora the Explorer—the top-rated preschool program on commercial television—comes Dora and Diego Let's Cook, a cookbook from Nickelodeon that gets kids safely exploring and learning in the kitchen. Guided by Dora and Diego, kids will help measure, stir, shape, and decorate 50 exciting and super-tasty recipes like Pirate Adventure Pizza Coins and Incan Quinoa Pudding—all while learning Spanish words and phrases.
These simple, delicious recipes emphasize healthful ingredients children need, like fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat dairy and include a range of Latin dishes, like Benny's Breakfast Burritos and Fiesta Trio Frittata. The book includes
- 50 recipes featuring Dora, Diego, and their friends plus 50 full-color photos
- Spanish words and phrases that let kids learn a new language while they learn about cooking
- "Kids Help" icons flagging steps in every recipe where kids can lend a hand with tasks like washing fruit or mixing batter
- Useful intro material on health and nutrition for preschoolers, plus the basics of how to get kids involved in the kitchen, including kitchen safety
Dora and Diego Let's Cook turns getting kids involved in the kitchen into an exciting-and educational-adventure.
About Dora and Diego
Since its launch on Aug. 14, 2000, Dora the Explorer has emerged as a global phenomenon and ranks among the top-rated shows in major television markets worldwide. The show is seen in more than 151 markets around the world and is translated in more than 30 languages. Dora the Explorer is an animated adventure series starring Dora, a seven-year-old Latina heroine whose adventures take place in an imaginative, tropical world filled with jungles, beaches and rainforests. She explores her world just as preschoolers do everyday, and the show is designed to actively engage its audience in an interactive quest using a variety of learning techniques.
Go, Diego, Go! is created and executive produced by Chris Gifford and Valerie Walsh Valdes, the same team behind the phenomenal hit show Dora the Explorer. In each episode, Diego receives a call for help at his Animal Rescue Center in the rainforest. With help from his friends, high-tech gadgets and viewers at home, Diego identifies and locates the animal in trouble and the adventure begins.
Nickelodean, Dora, and Diego are registered trademarks of Viacom International.
- Dora and Diego Let's Cook
- by Nickelodeon
- Wiley 2010
- $16.95; Hardcover; 128 pages
- ISBN-10: 0470639423
- ISBN-13: 978-0-470-63942-9
- Information provided by the publisher.
Dora and Diego Let's Cook
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created January 2011