Home Made by Yvette Van Boven includes recipes like Ham Pie; Mullet with Chermoula; and Fried Salsify and Carrot Au Gratin with Gorgonzola.
Mullet with Chermoula
Plan on 2 small mullets per serving.
- 8 mullets, cleaned and scaled (ask the fishmonger)
For the chermoula (Hassane told us you say "Tsar-millah")
- A few strands saffron
- 3 tomatoes, quartered, seeds removed, pulp cubed
- 3 roasted bell peppers, cubed
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 1 small bunch mint sprigs
- 1 small bunch parsley (preferably flat-leaf)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp roasted cumin seeds, coarsely crushed in a mortar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/Gas 4.
Prepare the chermoula: Soak the saffron in 3 tbsp warm water. Combine all other ingredients. Lastly, stir in the saffron threads with the moisture and season the chermoula with salt and pepper.
Place the mullets in a greased roasting pan, cover with half of the chermoula, and place in the hot oven for approx. 7 minutes. Once the fish is cooked, pour the other half of the sauce over it, and serve with bread and a green salad.
- by Yvette Van Boven
- Stewart, Tabori & Chang 2011
- Hardcover; 432 pages; U.S. $40.00 / Can. $45.00
- ISBN-10: 1584799463
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58479-946-7
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
Buy Home Made
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created October 2011