- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Start to finish: 30 minutes
- 20 servings
- 1-1/3 cups low-fat garden vegetable cream cheese spread, softened
- 20 pieces (3-1/2 inches each) celery
- 3 slices (1 oz each) deli sliced cooked ham
- 10 sweetened dried cranberries
1. Place cream cheese in resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut 1/2 inch off 1 corner. Pipe about 1 tablespoon into each celery piece.
2. Cut ham slices lengthwise into 16 pieces. Cut pieces crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Place about 12 ham pieces over cream cheese to look like "bandages" and use tip of knife to tuck in ends of ham along celery edge.
3. Cut cranberries into 40 pieces. Place pieces between "bandages" for eyes.
1 Serving: Calories 40; Total Fat 2.59 (Saturated Fat 1.59; Trans Fat 09); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 130mg; Total Carbohydrate 29 (Dietary Fiber 09); Protein 29 Exchanges: 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 0
These cute snacks are fun for kids to make and eat. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of the celery so it lays flat. Then if you want, serve the mummies on whole grain crackers.
Pillsbury Fast and Healthy Meals for Kids
- by the Pillsbury Editors
- Wiley 2010
- $19.95; Hardcover; 192 pages
- ISBN-10: 0470647256
- ISBN-13: 978-0-470-64725-7
- Reprinted by permission.
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created January 2011