Zesty Mexican Soup
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Start to finish: 30 minutes
- 6 servings (1 cup each)
Good Eats For Kids
Healthful vegetable juice is a blend of tomato, carrot, celery, beet, parsley, lettuce, watercress and spinach juices. What a great way to add vegetable value to this soup that's perfect for kids!
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14 oz) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bottle (12 oz) low-sodium vegetable juice
- 1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, undrained
- 1 cup chunky-style salsa
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. In 4-quart saucepan, heat all ingredients except cilantro to boiling, stirring frequently.
2. Reduce heat; simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot. Stir in cilantro.
1 Serving: Calories 160; Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 19; Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 770mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 19); Protein 15g; Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Vegetable, 1-1/2 Lean Meat; Carbohydrate Choices: 1 Good
Pillsbury Fast and Healthy Meals for Kids
- by the Pillsbury Editors
- Wiley 2010
- $19.95; Hardcover; 192 pages
- ISBN-10: 0470647256
- ISBN-13: 978-0-470-64725-7
- Reprinted by permission.
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created January 2011