Makes 50 portions (150 pieces)
Shrimp Escabeche Ingredients|
|Shrimp (10/15 count), peeled, deveined, tails removed||150 each||150 each|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||3/4 cup||180 ml|
|Garlic, minced||2 oz||60 g|
|Lemon juice||1-1/2 cups||360 ml|
|Manzilla olives, pitted, minced||8 oz||225 g|
|Green peppers, finely minced||8 oz||225 g|
|Onions, finely minced||8 oz||225 g|
|Plum tomatoes, small dice||8 oz||225 g|
|Parsley, minced||8 oz||225 g|
1. Combine the shrimp, oil, garlic, and 1/4 cup/60 ml lemon juice and marinate under refrigeration for at least 30 minutes and up to 3 hours.
2. Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp and pan sear until the shrimp turn a bright red or pink color, about 3 minutes. Immediately remove the shrimp from the heat and set aside in hotel pans.
3. In the same skillet, add the olives, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, and parsley. Sweat over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the remaining 1-1/4 cups/300 ml lemon juice and immediately remove the pan from the heat.
5. Pour the olive mixture over the shrimp in the hotel pans.
6. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Modern Batch Cookery
- by The Culinary Institute of America
- Wiley 2011
- Hardcover; 448 pages; $65.00 US
- ISBN-10: 047029048X
- ISBN-13: 978-0470290484
- Reprinted by permission.
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created May 2011