Makes 50 portions
Chicken Mole Poblano Ingredients|
|Chicken supreme portions (about 8 oz/225 g each)||50 each||50 each|
|Kosher salt, plus additional as needed||2 tbsp||30 ml|
|Olive oil||1-1/2 cups||360 ml|
|Onions, fine dice||1 lb 8 oz||680 g|
|Green peppers, fine dice||3 lb 4 oz||1.5 kg|
|Jalapeños, minced||3 oz||85 g|
|Almonds, blanched, chopped||1-1/4 lb||570 g|
|Garlic, minced||2 tbsp||30 ml|
|Chili Powder (page 131)||12 oz||340 g|
|Thyme, minced||1/2 oz||15 g|
|Ground cinnamon||3 tbsp||45 ml|
|Tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped||4 1b 12 oz||2.15 kg|
|Chicken Stock (page 83)||3-1/4 qt||3 l|
|Mexican chocolate, chopped||1 lb 10 oz||740 g|
|Kosher salt, plus additional as needed||2 oz||60 g|
|Ground black pepper, plus additional as needed||1 tbsp||15 ml|
|Sesame seeds, toasted||1 cup||240 ml|
1. Season the chicken with salt.
2. Heat the oil in a ronde au over medium-high heat, add the chicken supremes, and brown on both sides. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
3. To prepare the mole poblano, add the onions to the pan and saute until browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the green peppers, jalapeños, almonds, and garlic. Sauté until the peppers are tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Add the chili powder, thyme, and cinnamon. Saute, stirring frequently, until aromatic, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and stock. Bring to a simmer and return the chicken to the pan.
6. Transfer the pan to a 325 degrees F/165 degrees C oven, cover, and braise for 25 minutes.
7. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Return the pan to the stovetop. Heat the sauce over low heat and stir in the chocolate until melted. Taste and then season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the sauce and simmer gently for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. The chicken is ready to serve now or it may be held warm. Serve the chicken on heated plates, topped with 2 fl oz/60 ml sauce and a sprinkling of sesame seeds (scant 1/2 tsp/3 ml) before serving.
This page created May 2011
Copyright © 1994-2017,