by Wayne Gisslen
Packed with more than 650 recipes plus 600 variations and more information than ever before, the Seventh Edition of Professional Cooking offers complete, step-by-step instruction in cooking principles and the techniques necessary for success as a professional chef.
Wayne Gisslen's Professional Cooking has been used by hundreds of thousands of chefs to master the basics of their craft, including knife skills, knowledge of ingredients, and plating techniques.
- More than 100 new recipes, including fresh ideas for meats, poultry, vegetables, and grains, as well as an increased focus on international recipes
- Updated information on the latest nutrition guidelines and enhanced coverage of topics including food science, molecular gastronomy, and culinary math
- More than 1,000 instructive illustrations and photos, including more than 220 all-new color photos highlighting new recipes and procedures
- Wayne Gisslen is also the author of Advanced Professional Cooking, Professional Baking, and The Chef's Art
Whether you are studying or training in professional food preparation or just want to take your home cooking to a higher level, this authoritative text is your essential guide to all the most vital professional techniques.
About the Author
Wayne Gisslen is the IACP award-winning author of the bestselling series of culinary books that includes Professional Cooking, Professional Baking, Essentials of Professional Cooking, Advanced Professional Cooking, and The Chef's Art: Secrets of Four-Star Cooking at Home. A graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, he has written and worked extensively in the field of culinary arts, with experience as a restaurant chef, test kitchen supervisor, and food and beverage consultant.
- Professional Cooking, 7th Edition
- by Wayne Gisslen
- Wiley 2010
- Hardcover; $70.00; 1120 pages
- ISBN-10: 0470197536
- ISBN-13: 978-0-470-19753-0
- Information provided by the publisher.
Also available: Study Guide to Accompany Professional Cooking, 7th Edition
Recipes & Excerpts
- Chicken Poêlé
- Monte Cristo Sandwich
- Hors d'Oeuvres & Canapés
- Doneness in Dry-Heat Cooking & Moist-Heat Cooking
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created May 2010