Better Homes and Gardens®
New Cook Book, 15th Edition includes excerpts and recipes like Bakeware; Roasted Fennel and Onions; Braised Fennel with Dill; Pesto-Stuffed Pork Chops; and Vermicelli with Sausage and Spinach.
Pesto-Stuffed Pork Chops
Chops For Stuffing
Use either bone-in or boneless chops to stuff as long as they are at least 1-1/4 inches thick. For thicker chops, extend the cooking time a few minutes.
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Bake: 35 minutes
- Oven: 375 degrees F
- Makes: 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted (see tip, page 20 of the book)
- 4 pork loin chops or boneless pork loin chops, cut 1-1/4 inches thick
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For filling, in a small bowl stir together feta cheese, pesto, and pine nuts; set aside.
2. Trim fat from meat. Make a pocket in each chop by cutting horizontally from fat side almost to bone or opposite side. Spoon filling into pockets. Secure the openings with wooden toothpicks.
3. For rub, in a small bowl combine black pepper, oregano, crushed red pepper, thyme, and garlic. Rub evenly onto all sides of meat. Place chops on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until chops are 160 degrees F and juices run clear. Brush vinegar onto chops the last 5 minutes of baking. Discard toothpicks before serving.
Per chop: 415 cal., 20 g total fat 7 g sat. fat, 0 g trans fat), 133 mg chol., 228 mg sodium, 3 g carbo., 0 g fiber, 52 g pro Exchanges: 7-1/2 Lean Meat
Better Homes and Gardens® New Cook Book, 15th Edition
- by Better Homes and Gardens
- Wiley 2010
- Hardcover (Binder); $29.95; 660 pages
- ISBN-10: 0470556862
- ISBN-13: 978-0-470-55686-31
- Reprinted by permission.
- Roasted Fennel and Onions
- Braised Fennel with Dill
- Pesto-Stuffed Pork Chops
- Vermicelli with Sausage and Spinach
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created October 2010