Organic, Shaken and Stirred: Hip Highballs, Modern Martinis, and Other Totally Green Cocktails by Paul Abercrombie, includes recipes like Lavender Lemon Drop; Pear Tea Martini; Perfect Whiskey Punch; and Pineapple Caipirinha with Sweet Lime Espuma.
with Sweet Lime Espuma
This cocktail is a zesty, airy confection that deftly uses contrasting textures—foam and firmness—to highlight how well lime, pineapple, and the sugarcane brandy cachaça play together.
- Half of an organic lime, cut into 4 pieces
- Four 1/2-inch cubes organic pineapple
- 4 organic sugar cubes
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed organic lime juice
- 1 ounce organic agave nectar
- 1 large organic egg white (see Note)
- 2 ounces cachaça
- 1 spiky organic pineapple leaf (optional)
In a cocktail shaker, muddle the lime, pineapple, and sugar cubes until the mixture has an even consistency. In a separate small shaker, combine the lime juice, agave nectar, and egg white to make the espuma. "Dry shake" (shake without ice) until the mixture is thickly frothy, about 30 seconds. Add ice cubes to the muddled mixture and pour in the cachaça. Shake vigorously, then pour the mixture, unstrained, into a tall glass. Top with the espuma and garnish with the pineapple leaf, if using.
Note: Make sure your egg whites are very fresh, and do not serve this drink to the elderly or anyone with a compromised immune system.
Organic, Shaken and Stirred
Hip Highballs, Modern Martinis,
and Other Totally Green Cocktails
- by Paul Abercrombie
- The Harvard Common Press 2009
- Hardcover; 176 pages; $19.95
- ISBN-10: 1558324364
- ISBN-13: 978-1-55832-436-7
- Reprinted by permission.
- Lavender Lemon Drop
- Pear Tea Martini
- Perfect Whiskey Punch
- Pineapple Caipirinha with Sweet Lime Espuma
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created July 2010