Moroccan Spice Blend
Makes 2-1/4 cups of spice blend,
enough to fill three (5 to 6-ounce) spice jars
Prep time: 20 minutes
Pictured, Top To Bottom: Backyard BBQ Rub, Moroccan Spice Blend, Bollywood Coconut Curry Popcorn Seasoning
With nothing more than a bowl, whisk, and set of measuring cups, you can stir together a deliriously exotic spice blend, pack it into spice jars, and like magic have a unique gift for the cooks in your life. This aromatic mix of nine essential spices used in Moroccan cuisine can be the basis for a chicken or lamb tagine. Used as a rub, grilled pork tenderloin or chops get a power surge of flavor and ho-hum potatoes are deliciously vibrant when seasoned and roasted.
- 1/2 cup ground ginger
- 1/2 cup ground cumin
- 1/4 cup Pimentón de la Vera Dulce (sweet smoked paprika)
- 1/4 cup cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup turmeric
- 1/4 cup freshly ground black pepper
- 3 grams saffron threads, finely crushed
Medium Bowl, Measuring Cups, Whisk, Three Spice Jars or Tins
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the ginger, cumin, paprika, cayenne, cinnamon, turmeric, pepper, and saffron.
2. Divide into 3/4-cup portions and transfer to jars or tins with tight-fitting lids.
Gifts Cooks Love
- Recipes for Giving
- by Diane Morgan and Sur La Table
- Andrews McMeel Publishing 2010
- Hardcover; 192 pages; U.S.: $25.00 Canada: $29.99
- ISBN-10: 0740793500
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7407-9350-9
- Reprinted by permission.
Buy Gifts Cooks Love
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created November 2010