Bacon Braised Green Beans
- 4 to 6 servings
- Prep time: 8 minutes
- Cook time: 17 minutes
- Total: 25 minutes
This modern take on the Southern classic will leave you wanting more! Since this version is quick-cooked, the beans stay crisp-tender—but oh, they're coated with sautéed onions and little pieces of bacon. Don't make me talk about it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons sliced garlic
- 2 pounds green beans, rinsed, ends trimmed
- 1 cup chicken stock or canned, low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Set a Dutch oven over medium heat, and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is well browned, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the green beans and toss to combine with the bacon and onion.
2. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the chicken stock. As soon as the stock begins to boil, place the lid on the pan and cook the beans for about 6 minutes. Remove the lid, season the beans with the salt and pepper, and toss well. Replace the lid and cook until the beans are tender, 1 or 2 minutes longer.
3. Remove from the heat and transfer the beans to a serving dish or small platter to serve.
Emeril 20-40-60: Fresh Food Fast
- by Emeril Lagasse
- HarperStudio 2009
- Paperback; 140 recipes and 75 full color photos; $24.99, $32.99 CAN
- ISBN-10: 0061742945
- ISBN: 978-0-06-174294-1
- Recipe reprinted by permission
Buy Emeril 20-40-60
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created February 2010