Coming Home: A Seasonal Guide to Creating Family Traditions by Rosanna Bowles includes recipes like Paglia e Fieno (Straw and Hay Pasta); Pumpkin and Cat Cupcakes; Erbazzone (Spinach and Cheese Tart); and Thanksgiving Roasted Vegetables.
These are delicious caramelized vegetables that melt in your mouth. And even if you have never liked Brussels sprouts before, after tasting these they could well become your new favorite vegetable.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) plus two tablespoons (20g) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, stemmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) sea salt
- 1 pound (474 g) Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 8 carrots, cut into 1-1/2 inch (4 cm) lengths
- 3 red bell peppers, quartered, seeds and membranes removed
- 3 green bell peppers, quartered, seeds and membranes removed
- 6 small yellow onions, peeled and cut into quarters
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (163 degrees C) (Gas mark 3).
In a large roasting pan, combine the oil, rosemary, garlic, and salt. Put the remaining ingredients in the pan and toss to coat the vegetables with the oil. Bake for about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes, until soft and caramelized.
Arrange on a large oval tray and serve.
- by Rosanna Bowles
- Photographs by John Granen
- Stewart, Tabori & Chang 2010
- Hardcover with jacket; 200 color photographs; $27.50
- ISBN-10: 158479836X
- ISBN-13: 9781584798361
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
Buy Coming Home
- Paglia e Fieno (Straw and Hay Pasta)
- Pumpkin and Cat Cupcakes
- Erbazzone (Spinach and Cheese Tart)
- Thanksgiving Roasted Vegetables
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created October 2010