500 Best Sauces, Salad Dressings, Marinades & More by George Geary, includes recipes like Mango Lime Chutney; Tarragon Pickle Relish; and Spaghetti Anchovy Puttanesca.
Tarragon Pickle Relish
Makes 2 cups (500 mL)
Grilled hot dogs and sausages taste better with this homemade relish.
Relish keeps well, covered and refrigerated, for up to 1 week.
- 1-1/2 cups cider vinegar 375 mL
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar 25 mL
- 1 tsp mustard seeds 5 mL
- 1 tsp coriander seeds 5 mL
- 8 large sour dill pickles, finely diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill 25 mL
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp dried tarragon 5 mL
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds and coriander seeds and bring to a boil. Boil until reduced by half and syrupy, about 20 minutes.
2. Remove from heat. Stir in pickles, dill, red pepper, yellow pepper, onion and tarragon. Toss to coat. Let cool.
500 Best Sauces, Salad Dressings, Marinades & More
- by George Geary
- Robert Rose Inc. 2009
- $24.95/paperback original; 16 full-color photos
- ISBN-10: 0778802272
- ISBN: 978-0-7788-0227-3
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created January 2010