Makes 12-14 fruit sushi rolls
- 1/2 uncooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons canned coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Assorted sliced seasonal fresh fruit
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Let's start rolling!
Cook rice according to package directions, substituting milk for water.
Remove cooked rice from heat and place in a bowl. Add coconut milk, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
Cover and store in refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Make the Honey-Spice Drizzle by combining honey, cinnamon, and ginger in a small bowl.
To assemble sushi rolls, remove rice from refrigerator. Dampen hands with a splash of water to keep rice from sticking. Take 2 tablespoons of rice and form into a ball with the palms of your hands. Put rolls on a serving dish.
Top each roll with sliced fresh fruit and drizzle with the honey-spice mixture.
Spa Princess Cookbook
- by Barbara Beery
- Gibbs Smith 2009
- $14.99; Hardcover with spiral binding
- ISBN-10: 1423605020
- ISBN-13: 978-1-4236-0502-7
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
Also see the Green Princess Cookbook by Barbara Beery.
This page created April 2009