The Scandinavian Cookbook by Trina Hahnemann, includes recipes like Elderflower Cordial; Smørrebrød (Smoked Cheese Salad on Rye); Biff Lindström; and Meatballs with Thyme, Green Cabbage, and Lingonsylt.
Smoked Cheese Salad on Rye
Rygeost is a very special smoked, soft cheese produced in Denmark. It has the taste of summer sun and is ideal for a light lunch with cold beer.
- 1-1/2 pounds rygeost or smoked ricotta
- 1 cup homemade mayonnaise
(page 92 of the book)
- 1/2 pound radishes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- Salt and pepper
- Rye bread
- Whole chives
- Chopped radishes
Mix the rygeost and mayonnaise together in a bowl, beating until there are no lumps remaining.
Add the radishes, cucumber, and chives and stir to mix. Season with salt and pepper. Serve on rye bread, garnished with whole chives and chopped radishes.
The Scandinavian Cookbook
- by Trina Hahnemann
- Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC 2009
- $29.99; Hardcover; 224 pages
- ISBN-10: 0740780948
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7407-8094-3
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
- Elderflower Cordial
- Smørrebrød (Smoked Cheese Salad on Rye)
- Biff Lindström
- Meatballs with Thyme, Green Cabbage, and Lingonsylt
This page created May 2009