Cooking with the Seasons at Rancho La Puerta by Deborah Szekely and Deborah M. Schneider, includes recipes from the spa, like Squash-Apple Soup with Thai Red Curry; Roasted Garlic en Cazuela; and Lobster a la Diabla.
Roasted Garlic en Cazuela
Pack any number of trimmed garlic heads into a baking dish (cazuela) just large enough to hold them. Pour some good olive oil over the top, season with salt, pepper, and fresh thyme sprigs. Cover loosely with foil and bake at 325 degrees F until soft and buttery. Reserve the oil for cooking.
For smaller quantities, roast whole peeled cloves in foil or in a ramekin of olive oil.
Cooking with the Seasons at Rancho La Puerta
Recipes from the World-Famous Spa
- by Deborah Szekely and Deborah M. Schneider
- Stewart, Tabori & Chang 2008
- 224 pages / $35.00 U.S. - $39.00 Canada
- ISBN-10: 1584797096
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58479-709-8
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
- Squash-Apple Soup with Thai Red Curry
- Roasted Garlic en Cazuela
- Basic Vegetable Stock
- Lobster a la Diabla
This page created February 2009