Pasta Sfoglia: From Our Table To Yours, More Than 100 Fresh, Seasonal Pasta Dishes by Ron and Colleen Suhanosky, includes recipes like Fresh Egg Pasta; Triangoloni, ricotta, amaretti, radicchio, balsamic; and Bucatini all'amatriciana.
From Our Table To Yours,
More Than 100 Fresh, Seasonal Pasta Dishes
by Ron and Colleen Suhanosky
Tables at Sfoglia in Manhattan and Nantucket are much sought-after by the fans of the restaurant's authentic and delicious cuisine. Now, you won't have to wait long for a table at Sfoglia. With Pasta Sfoglia: From Our Table To Yours, More Than 100 Fresh, Seasonal Pasta Dishes, home cooks can prepare master recipes right in their own kitchens. Here, for the first time, chef-owners Ron and Colleen share recipes from their kitchen, enabling home cooks to make sophisticated pasta dishes with efficiency and ease.
Beautifully illustrated in full-color, Pasta Sfoglia lets home cooks:
- Use the step-by-step instructions to create perfect pasta—the Sfoglia way.
- Experience dishes ranging from the traditional (Nanna's Sunday Ragu) to the new and distinctive (Goat's Milk Cheese, Spinach, Cappelacci, Golden Raisins, Saffron Butter)
- Dive into the 111 rich and flavorful recipes for every kind of pasta dish-including fresh, dry, and filled pasta, dumplings, and grains.
- Improve your preparation with tips on choosing the best ingredients with an emphasis on seasonal products, picking alternate ingredients, and information about the origin of each dish.
- Enhanced enjoyment of the recipes through the authors' entertaining stories of how their food and travel experiences in Italy, Nantucket, and New York inspired their recipes.
Anyone who loves pasta and cuisine grounded in traditions and uncompromised flavor, Pasta Sfoglia is the perfect collection to inspire home cooks to bring their own traditions to the table.
About the Authors
Ron Suhanosky and Colleen Marnell-Suhanosky are graduates of the Culinary Institute of America at Hyde Park. Ron has held several positions in New York City restaurants including the River Cafe and the Park Avenue Cafe, and Colleen cooked at Biba in Boston before they traveled together to Italy and cooked at various restaurants including II Cibreo in Florence and La Crota in Alba. When they returned, Ron worked at Boston's Alloro and Galleria Italiana and at II Buco in New York, and Colleen honed her pastry making skills at La Bettola in Boston and under Claudia Fleming at Gramercy Tavern in New York. They opened their first Sfoglia restaurant in 1999 and Tutto Sfoglia in 2007 on Nantucket Island, and opened another Sfoglia restaurant in Manhattan in 2006. They live in New York City with their three children and spend the summertime and holidays on Nantucket.
- Pasta Sfoglia
From Our Table To Yours, More Than 100 Fresh, Seasonal Pasta Dishes
- by Ron and Colleen Suhanosky
- Wiley 2009
- Hardcover; $29.95; 204 pages
- ISBN-10: 0470371331
- ISBN: 978-0-470-37133-6
- Information provided by the publisher.
Buy Pasta Sfoglia
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created November 2009