Quick Black Bean Tortilla Lasagna
Serves 2 as a Main Dish or 4 as an Appetizer
This lasagna is a quick way to satisfy a craving for Mexican flavors. It's a snap to prepare using store-bought salsa and black beans. It's a perfectly easy summer lunch served al fresco.
- 2 cups tomato salsa
- One 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- Four 7-inch flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salsa, sour cream, and guacamole for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Spray a 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Layer by Layer Assembly
3. Spread a thin layer of salsa on bottom of dish. Place one tortilla over salsa.
4. Top with one-third of the salsa, and a little less than one-third of the black beans and Cheddar.
5. Top with one tortilla.
6. Continue to layer with remaining beans, salsa, and Cheddar, using about 2 heaping tablespoons of each for each layer of filling. Repeat layers until all filling and tortillas are used up-four layers.
7. Cover top tortilla with a generous layer of salsa and Cheddar.
8. Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven.
9. Using a large spatula, remove lasagna from the baking dish and place on a serving dish, if desired. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
10. Serve with additional salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
The New Lasagna Cookbook
A Crowd-Pleasing Collection of Recipes
from Around the World for the Perfect One-Dish Meal
- by Maria Bruscino Sanchez
- St. Martin's Press 2008
- Hardcover; $27.95
- ISBN-10: 0312367821
- ISBN-13: 978-0-312-36782-4
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
This page created January 2009