So-Good Soba Noodle Nests
- 1 package (8 ounces) soba noodles
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced organic red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups sliced assorted organic summer squash
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1-1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 cups organic snow peas
- 1/2 cup shredded organic carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced organic cilantro
- 2 organic green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
Prepare soba noodles according to package directions. Drain, cover, and keep warm in a pot .
Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Toss in pepper, ginger, and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in squash, tamari, broth, and rice vinegar. Saute 3 minutes and toss in snow peas, carrots, cilantro, and onions. Cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Toss with sesame oil.
Scoop the warm noodles equally onto plates in small round nests and top with stir-fried vegetables. This dish is good served warm or at room temperature.
Green Princess Cookbook
- by Barbara Beery
- Gibbs Smith 2009
- $14.99; Hardcover with spiral binding
- ISBN-10: 1423605659
- ISBN-13: 978-1-4236-0565-2
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
Also see the Spa Princess Cookbook by Barbara Beery.
This page created April 2009