The Golden Door Cooks at Home cookbook by Dean Rucker and Marah Stets, includes recipes like Miso-Glazed Mero with Shiitake Mushroom Quinoa and Grilled Pineapple and Mango Salsa; Pinto Bean and Vegetable Chili Tostada with Salsa Fresca and Avocado-Cilantro Cream; and Crispy Duck Breast with Cracked Wheat, Caramelized Shallots, and Blackberry Gastrique.
Golden Door Cooks at Home
by Dean Rucker and Marah Stets
Tucked away in the rolling hills and hidden valleys of idyllic southern California, the Golden Door is the epitome of the luxury spa experience. As the quintessential holistic retreat, the spa is equally renowned for its inspired, bold, and innovative cuisine. In celebration of fifty sensational years, the Golden Door shares the secrets of its celebrated kitchen, bringing its famously fresh and healthful cuisine into your home.
With a focus on lean proteins, whole grains, fresh vegetables, and other wholesome foods combined in astoundingly delicious ways, Golden Door Cooks at Home shares Chef Dean Rucker's most sought-after recipes, including:
- Spiny Lobster and Mango Gazpacho Shooters
- Soft Rosemary-Lemon Polenta with Sweet Corn, Oyster Mushrooms, and Rainbow Chard
- Adobo-Marinated Grass-Fed Flank Steak with Spinach Salad and Roasted Poblano Dressing
- Grilled Lamb Chops with Rosemary Roasted New Potatoes and Apple-Mint Salad
- Blackberry Nectarine Crisp
Also featured are cooking tips from Chef Rucker's popular cooking classes, information about how to boost flavor healthfully, recipes for easy-to-make sauces and vinaigrettes, and sidebars on fitness, nutrition, and other aspects of the unique Golden Door experience. Whether you've been a guest in the past or have only dreamed of getting a taste of the Golden Door, you'll enjoy this culinary tribute to one of the world's most restorative and nurturing destinations.
About the Authors
Dean Rucker, a graduate of the California Culinary Academy, came to the Golden Door in 2000 as sous-chef. In June 2005, he was named the Golden Door's executive chef.
Marah Stets is a food writer and editor. She lives near Washington, D.C., with her husband and their three children.
- Golden Door Cooks at Home
- by Dean Rucker and Marah Stets
- Clarkson-Potter 2009
- Hardcover; $40.00; 288 pages
- ISBN-10: 0307450791
- ISBN-13: 9780307450791
- Information provided by the publisher.
Golden Door Cooks at Home
- Miso-Glazed Mero with Shiitake Mushroom Quinoa
and Grilled Pineapple and Mango Salsa
- Pinto Bean and Vegetable Chili Tostada
with Salsa Fresca and Avocado-Cilantro Cream
- Crispy Duck Breast with Cracked Wheat,
Caramelized Shallots, and Blackberry Gastrique
This page created May 2009