Difford's Encyclopedia of Cocktails by Simon Difford, includes information like Cocktail History and Angostura Bitters and cocktail recipes like East India, The Lady Wears Red, Navy Grog, Negroni, and Pisco Sour.
Navy Grog Cocktail
Garnish: Lemon wedge
Method: STIR honey with rum in base of shaker to dissolve honey, Add next 3 ingredients, SHAKE with ice and strain into ice-filled glass.
- 3 spoons Runny honey
- 1-1/2 shot(s) Pusser's Navy rum
- 1/4 shot(s) Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2-1/2 shot(s) Chilled mineral water
- 2 dashes Angostura orange bitters
Variant: Also great served hot. Top with boiling water and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Comment: An extremely drinkable, honeyed cocktail.
"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."—P.J. O'Rourke
Difford's Encyclopedia of Cocktails
- by Simon Difford
- Firefly Books 2009
- $45.00; plastic-laminated hardcover
- 495 pages; 3,000 color illustrations
- ISBN-10: 1554075017
- ISBN-13: 978-1-55407-501-0
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created December 2009