Difford's Encyclopedia of Cocktails by Simon Difford, includes information like Cocktail History and Angostura Bitters and cocktail recipes like East India, The Lady Wears Red, Navy Grog, Negroni, and Pisco Sour.
East India Cocktail
Garnish: Orange zest twist
Method: SHAKE all ingredients with ice and fine strain into chilled glass.
- 2-1/2 shot(s) Courvoisier V.S.O.P. cognac
- 1/8 shot(s) Grand Marnier liqueur
- 1/8 shot(s) Luxardo maraschino liqueur
- 1/4 shot(s) Pomegranate (grenadine) syrup
- 1 dash Angostura aromatic bitters
Origin: An old classic. This recipe is adapted from one in Ted Haigh's book Vintage Spirits & Forgotten Cocktails.
Comment: Wonderfully complex and rounded...a serious drink for serious drinkers.
Difford's Encyclopedia of Cocktails
- by Simon Difford
- Firefly Books 2009
- $45.00; plastic-laminated hardcover
- 495 pages; 3,000 color illustrations
- ISBN-10: 1554075017
- ISBN-13: 978-1-55407-501-0
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created December 2009