The New Vegetarian Grill: 250 Flame-Kissed Recipes for Fresh, Inspired Meals by Andrea Chesman is a re-issue of her classic grilling cookbook, including recipes for Quick-Rise Pizza Dough; Grilled Chakchouka; and Eggplant Steaks.
Quick-Rise Pizza Dough
Makes 6 individual-size pizzas, two 10- to 12-inch round pizzas, or two 12 x 15-inch rectangular pizzas
Quick-rising yeast gives you pizza dough with just a 30-minute rising time. Just enough time to get the grill prepared and the toppings assembled.
- 3 cups all-purpose white bread flour
- One 1/4-ounce package quick-rising yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. In a food processor fitted with the dough blade, combine the flour, yeast, salt, and sugar. Process to mix.
2. In a small saucepan or in a microwave-safe container, combine the water and olive oil. Heat until an instant-read thermometer registers 125° to 130°F.
3. With the food processor motor running, slowly-pour in the heated water mixture and process until the dough forms a ball. Continue processing for 1 minute more to knead the dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise for 30 minutes.
4. To shape the dough into individual-size pizzas: Divide the dough into 6 balls. On the floured work surface, roll out each ball into a circle about 6 inches in diameter and about 1/8 inch thick. Brush both sides with olive oil. You can stack the dough rounds, which won't stick together if they have been well oiled. The dough is ready for grilling.
To shape the dough into 2 round or rectangular pizzas: Divide the dough in half. Brush the surface of a vegetable and/or pizza grill rack with oil. Stretch the dough to fit onto the rack. The dough is now ready for grilling.
- Recipe from:
The New Vegetarian Grill
250 Flame-Kissed Recipes for Fresh, Inspired Meals
- by Andrea Chesman
- The Harvard Common Press
- Paper; $16.95
- ISBN-10: 1558323627
- ISBN-13: 978-1-55832-362-9
- Recipes reprinted by permission
More Pizza Recipes
- Totally Pizza: Fajita Pizza and Making Dough
- Pizza Crust (Focaccia)
- Thin Crisp Crust Pizza
- Quick-Rise Pizza Dough
- Grilled Pizza, with BBQ Chicken or Vegetables
- Grilled Sausage and Pepper Pizzas
- Oliver Pizza
- Caprese Pizza Puffs
- Pepper and Olive Pan Pizza
- Double Pesto Pizza
- Spicy Mexican Pizza
- Artichoke and Pepper Pizza
- Potato Pizza Pizza del Lattaio
- Mini Pizza Bites
- Pizza Fresca Bites
- Chocolate "Pizza"
- Pizza with White Beans, Prosciutto & Rosemary
- Dijon Cheese Steak Pizza with Peppers, Mushrooms and Onions
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created June 2008