Small Parties by Marguerite Henderson, features full menus, like Breakfast at the Cabin for Six with a recipe for Herbed Egg Strudel and Autumn Harvest Feast for Eight with a recipe for Roast Prime Rib of Pork with Cherry Bourbon Sauce.
Chicken Apple Sausage Sauté
What is a breakfast without a side of sausages? Here is a simple sauté of flavorful sausages with apples and shallots.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pound (about 4 links) chicken-apple sausage, cut in 1-inch pieces
- Juice of 1 large orange
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
Heat the butter in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and sliced apples; cook for 1 minute. Add the sausage slices and orange juice. Cover; simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, until sausages are cooked through. Serve with chopped chives sprinkled on top.
More Than 100 Recipes for Intimate Gatherings
- by Marguerite Henderson
- Gibbs Smith, 2008
- Paperback; $19.95
- ISBN-10: 1423602463
- ISBN-13: 978-1-4236-0246-0
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
Buy Small Parties
- Fresh Fruit Ambrosia
- Raspberry Orange Sour Cream Muffins
- Herbed Egg Strudel
- Chicken Apple Sausage Sauté
- Roast Prime Rib of Pork with Cherry Bourbon Sauce
- Oven-Roasted Fennel, Rainbow of Mini Peppers, and Potatoes
- Plum Crostada (Rustic Free-Form Fruit Tart)
*more recipes for this menu appear in the book
This page created August 2008