Small Parties by Marguerite Henderson, features full menus, like Breakfast at the Cabin for Six with a recipe for Herbed Egg Strudel and Autumn Harvest Feast for Eight with a recipe for Roast Prime Rib of Pork with Cherry Bourbon Sauce.
Rainbow of Mini Peppers, and Potatoes
This perfect accompaniment to pork features the autumnal colors of the peppers with fresh fennel and dried fennel seed to marry with the pork.
- 1 bulb fresh fennel, thinly sliced,
fronds removed and reserved
- 1 pound rainbow mini peppers (if not available,
cut 1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 orange bell pepper
into 1-inch-wide strips)
- 3 pounds new red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and toss to coat evenly with oil. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. This can be prepared ahead up to this point.
Bake in a 375° F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender and peppers are cooked through. Serve with chopped fresh fennel fronds on top as garnish.
More Than 100 Recipes for Intimate Gatherings
- by Marguerite Henderson
- Gibbs Smith, 2008
- Paperback; $19.95
- ISBN-10: 1423602463
- ISBN-13: 978-1-4236-0246-0
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
Buy Small Parties
- Fresh Fruit Ambrosia
- Raspberry Orange Sour Cream Muffins
- Herbed Egg Strudel
- Chicken Apple Sausage Sauté
- Roast Prime Rib of Pork with Cherry Bourbon Sauce
- Oven-Roasted Fennel, Rainbow of Mini Peppers, and Potatoes
- Plum Crostada (Rustic Free-Form Fruit Tart)
*more recipes for this menu appear in the book
This page created August 2008