Small Parties by Marguerite Henderson, features full menus, like Breakfast at the Cabin for Six with a recipe for Herbed Egg Strudel and Autumn Harvest Feast for Eight with a recipe for Roast Prime Rib of Pork with Cherry Bourbon Sauce.
Fresh Fruit Ambrosia
Serves 6 to 8
Versatility is the key in this recipe. Use what is in season in the produce department or at local farm stands. In summer months, the endless supply of berries, fresh figs, and ripe, succulent peaches, nectarines, and apricots is at its peak. In winter, the citrus fruits are juicy and inexpensive. Grapes and bananas are always available in markets, so they are a staple in this fruit ambrosia.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 1 ruby red grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1 large navel or Cara Cara orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup diced dried figs
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons Triple Sec or orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
In a mixing bowl, combine the fruit; stir in the coconut, Triple Sec or orange juice, pecans, and mint. Chill for several hours before serving.
More Than 100 Recipes for Intimate Gatherings
- by Marguerite Henderson
- Gibbs Smith, 2008
- Paperback; $19.95
- ISBN-10: 1423602463
- ISBN-13: 978-1-4236-0246-0
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
Buy Small Parties
- Fresh Fruit Ambrosia
- Raspberry Orange Sour Cream Muffins
- Herbed Egg Strudel
- Chicken Apple Sausage Sauté
- Roast Prime Rib of Pork with Cherry Bourbon Sauce
- Oven-Roasted Fennel, Rainbow of Mini Peppers, and Potatoes
- Plum Crostada (Rustic Free-Form Fruit Tart)
*more recipes for this menu appear in the book
This page created August 2008