Miss Vickie's Big Book of Pressure Cooker Recipes by Vickie Smith, includes easy-to-make recipes like Normandy Chicken; Posole (Mexican Pork and Green Chile Stew); Halibut with Fennel, Purple Onions, and Yellow Tomatoes in Packets.
Miss Vickie's Big Book of
Pressure Cooker Recipes
by Vickie Smith
Nobody knows more about pressure cookers than Vickie Smith, creator of the leading pressure-cooker Web site, MissVickie.com. Now, at last, Miss Vickie has gathered all of her pressure-cooker wisdom into a book. Whether you're a pressure-cooker newcomer or a longtime fan, you'll find all the recipes, techniques, and tips you need for a lifetime of great pressure-cooker meals.
Miss Vickie's Big Book of Pressure Cooker Recipes is jam-packed with nearly 400 fast, tasty, foolproof recipes, ranging from one-pot meals like Chicken and Rice with Mushrooms to Sweet and Sour Pork, Navy Bean Soup, and Chocolate Malt Cheesecake. Miss Vickie's detailed recipe instructions and special techniques, such as "pan in pot" pressure cooking, guarantee that each dish comes out perfectly cooked—and perfectly delicious.
But Miss Vickie gives you more than just great recipes. Her book also provides in-depth guidance on every aspect of choosing and using a pressure cooker, including:
- A buyers' guide to modern pressure cookers
- Step-by-step pressure-cooker instructions
- Pressure-cooker safety
- Basic and advanced pressure-cooking techniques
- Common mistakes in pressure cookery
- Adapting recipes to the pressure cooker
- Tips, tricks, and troubleshooting
Offering hundreds of recipes that are proven to work—and proven delicious—plus plain-English answers to all of your pressure-cooker questions, Miss Vickie has created the single most useful pressure-cooker book ever published. It's a resource you'll turn to again and again as you explore the world of pressure-cooker possibilities and pleasures.
About the Author
Vickie Smith is the creator of the immensely popular MissVickie.com pressure-cooker Web site, which has attracted more than 2 million visitors since 2001.
- Miss Vickie's Big Book of Pressure Cooker Recipes
- by Vickie Smith
- Wiley 2008
- Paperback; 480 pages; US $22.95
- ISBN-10: 0764597264
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7645-9726-8
- Information provided by the publisher.
Miss Vickie's Big Book of Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Normandy Chicken
- Posole (Mexican Pork and Green Chile Stew)
- Halibut with Fennel, Purple Onions, and Yellow Tomatoes in Packets
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created May 2008