International Cuisine by The International Culinary Schools at The Art Institutes, presents recipes from around the world, including Sweet Potato Cake Martinique; Camarones Sofrito (Shrimp in Green Sofrito) Dominican Republic; Kulebiaka (Salmon in Pastry) Russia; Borshch Moskovsky (Borscht, or Moscow-Style Beet Soup) Russia; and Grønkaalssuppe (Kale Soup with Poached Egg) Denmark.
Amount (Measure) Ingredient
1. Heat butter over medium heat and render bacon; do not brown.
2. Add onions and cook, 3 minutes; add garlic and cook 2 minutes until both are translucent. 3 Add celery and carrots; cook 3 minutes.
4. Add beets, stir in red wine vinegar, sugar, tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and white pepper to taste.
5. Add 1 cup stock and simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Add remaining stock, the cabbage, and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, submerge parsley and bay leaf, and simmer, partially covered, until potatoes and cabbage are soft but still hold shape.
This page created September 2008
Copyright © 1994-2017,