International Cuisine by The International Culinary Schools at The Art Institutes, presents recipes from around the world, including Sweet Potato Cake Martinique; Camarones Sofrito (Shrimp in Green Sofrito) Dominican Republic; Kulebiaka (Salmon in Pastry) Russia; Borshch Moskovsky (Borscht, or Moscow-Style Beet Soup) Russia; and Grønkaalssuppe (Kale Soup with Poached Egg) Denmark.
Kale Soup with Poached Egg
Amount (Measure) Ingredient
1. Remove center ribs from kale leaves, wash carefully, blanch, drain well, and chop coarsely.
2. Heat butter over medium-low heat, add bacon, and cook until fat has been rendered; do not brown.
3. Add vegetables; sauté without coloring until soft, 5 to 8 minutes.
4. Add flour to make a roux; cook 3 minutes.
5. Add stock and cook 10 minutes.
6. Add kale; cook until kale is tender, 15 minutes or longer.
7. Adjust seasoning, and place a hot poached egg in the middle of each serving.
This page created September 2008
Copyright © 1994-2018,