Learn about the connection between heart disease and diet in Betty Crocker Cookbook Heart Health Edition, including heart-healthy recipes like Northern Italian White Bean Salad; Manicotti; and Spicy Chicken in Peanut Sauce.
Northern Italian White Bean Salad
Prep: 15 Min — Chill: 2 Hr — 6 Servings
Cannellini beans are large white kidney beans originally ftom South America. The Italians have adopted them and, not surprisingly, they're now a delicious part of Italian cuisine.
- 2 cans (19 oz each) cannellini beans,
rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, seeded and
coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 lettuce leaves
1. In large glass or plastic bowl, carefully mix all ingredients except lettuce.
2. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors. Just before serving, spoon onto lettuce, using slotted spoon.
1 Serving: Cal. 300 (Cal. From Fat 90); Fat 109 (Sat. Fat 19); Chol. Omg; Sodium 210mg; Carbs. 48g (Fiber 13g); Pro. 18g % Daily Value: Vit. A 14%; Vit. C 36%; Calc. 18%; Iron 40% Exchanges: 3 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1 Very Lean Meat Carb. Choices: 3
- Betty Crocker Cookbook Heart Health Edition
- from the Betty Crocker Editors
- Wiley 2007
- Cloth spiral-bound hardcover; 576 Pages; $29.95
- ISBN-10: 0470171634
- ISBN-13: 978-0-470-17163-9
- Information provided by the publisher.
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created May 2008