Learn about the connection between heart disease and diet in Betty Crocker Cookbook Heart Health Edition, including heart-healthy recipes like Northern Italian White Bean Salad; Manicotti; and Spicy Chicken in Peanut Sauce.
Betty Crocker Cookbook
Heart Health Edition
from the Betty Crocker Editors
This special edition Betty Crocker's most popular cookbook is now part of a national program of heart health for women and their families.
For more than 75 years, Betty Crocker has earned a reputation as the name readers most trust for culinary advice through cookbooks, magazines, radio and television. Increasingly Betty Crocker has published cookbooks focused on women's health, cancer, cholesterol, low-carbs, diet, exercise and well-being. Betty Crocker has now partnered with WomenHeart, the national coalition for women with heart disease, to promote awareness of this vital issue. The result is an expanded new edition of Betty Crocker Cookbook: Heart Health Edition. The cover features the widely recognizable red dress logo, the national "red alert" symbol for women and heart disease awareness. Betty Crocker has made a donation directly WomenHeart, the National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease.
Eight million American women live with heart disease. According to Harris Interactive, heart disease is the number one killer of American women. ""Keeping our hearts healthy is like playing a card game," say the Editors of Betty Crocker in Betty Crocker Cookbook: Heart Health Edition. "Though we begin with whatever we're dealt, the game's outcome is greatly influenced by the skills we use and the choices we make-and perhaps, a little luck." This specially designed version features an all-new 32-page section that thoroughly explores heart health-amplifying why it's important to understand and incorporate information that will protect women and their families. Here is the most up-to-date advice from cardiologists as well as the latest nutrition data that can help anyone develop a life-long habit of good heart heath, including:
- Risk factors and various heart diseases (angina pectoris, stroke, heart attacks).
- How to identify the signs of a heart attack or stroke.
- Risk factors you can change from quitting smoking to maintaining a healthy weight.
- Advice on how to get started on the road to good heart health.
- Top foods for a healthy heart with tips to add more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, fish and good fats to your diet while reducing saturated and trans fats, and keeping an eye on salt, alcohol, and calories.
- Why being active and daily exercise is vital to heart health.
- A collection of family-pleasing recipes that are heart healthy.
- An index listing the more than 250 heart-healthy recipes in this classic American cookbook.
Every one of the 1,000 recipes in this edition of the Betty Crocker Cookbook: Heart Health Edition contains breakdowns of nutrition information, including calories, fat, sodium, carbs, and other important nutrients. "Low fat" recipes are highlighted for easy referencing.
The alliance between the Betty Crocker Cookbook: Heart Health Edition and WomenHeart will raise awareness of heart disease and send a powerful message to the many women who rely on Betty Crocker for great culinary and nutrition information they need to make good lifestyle choices.
About the Authors
With over 65 million cookbooks sold since 1950, Betty Crocker is the name most home cooks across America trust for easy-to-prepare, reliable, and tasty recipes. From the classic Betty Crocker Cookbook, the Big Red Cookbook, now in its 10th edition, to a wide range of specialty cookbooks, more than 40 in all, Betty has a cookbook for every taste and occasion. All recipes are developed and meticulously tested by a staff of 35 culinary experts, who continually monitor consumer trends and feedback, in the state-of-the-art Betty Crocker Kitchens, based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Betty Crocker is a registered trademark of General Mills.
- Betty Crocker Cookbook Heart Health Edition
- from the Betty Crocker Editors
- Wiley 2007
- Cloth spiral-bound hardcover; 576 Pages; $29.95
- ISBN-10: 0470171634
- ISBN-13: 978-0-470-17163-9
- Information provided by the publisher.
Betty Crocker Cookbook Heart Health Edition
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created May 2008