Masala Scrambled Eggs
with Crumbled Paneer
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 fresh green chilies, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup paneer cheese, coarsely crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
Heat the oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat and cook the onion, tomato and chilies, stirring, until most of the tomato juice evaporates, about 5 minutes.
Mix in ginger, lemon juice and salt. Stir.
Add the eggs and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until firm, about 2 minutes.
Mix in the cheese and cilantro and serve hot.
- Modern Indian Cooking
- by Hari Nayak and Vikas Khanna
- Silverback Books 2007
- Hardcover, $29.95
- 192 pages/Color photos throughout
- ISBN-10: 1-596372-33-8
- ISBN-13: 978-1-596372-33-7
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
- Masala Scrambled Eggs with Crumbled Paneer
- Goan Crab Cakes
- Kadhai Fried Paneer with Rainbow Vegetables
Visit India page.
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created September 2007