Kadhai Fried Paneer
with Rainbow Vegetables
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- 4 small tomatoes, diced
- 2 small green bell peppers, diced
- 2 small red bell peppers, diced
- 2 small yellow bell peppers, diced
- 6 ounces paneer cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a large nonstick wok or skillet over medium-high heat; add the ginger and garlic, stirring about 1 minute. Add the onions and cook, stirring until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the coriander, cumin, fennel, cardamom and red pepper flakes and stir over medium heat, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and bell peppers, cover the wok and continue to cook, stirring constantly until the dish is saucy, about 5 minutes.
Add the paneer, cilantro and scallions and cook over medium-high heat, uncovered, about 5 minutes.
Serve hot, sprinkled with black pepper.
- Modern Indian Cooking
- by Hari Nayak and Vikas Khanna
- Silverback Books 2007
- Hardcover, $29.95
- 192 pages/Color photos throughout
- ISBN-10: 1-596372-33-8
- ISBN-13: 978-1-596372-33-7
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
- Masala Scrambled Eggs with Crumbled Paneer
- Goan Crab Cakes
- Kadhai Fried Paneer with Rainbow Vegetables
Visit India page.
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created September 2007