Whether thought of religiously, metaphorically, or as the finest party ever thrown, Eden sounds like a pretty dandy spot. It deserves a signature drink, and luckily the Eden fills the bill. A fruity mix (but not forbidden fruit, so don't fret) that has a plentiful kick combined with just a bit of bubbles, it gets any Adam or Eve into a meditative state of mind.
- Ice cubes
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1 ounce Campari
- 1 ounce fresh pineapple juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice
- Prosecco or other slightly sweet sparkling wine
- Orange slice for garnish
1. Fill a highball glass three-quarters full with ice cubes. Add the rum, Campari, pineapple juice, and orange juice, naming each as they're added. Stir 6 times.
2. Top with Prosecco. Stir a seventh time. Garnish with the orange slice. Then sit back and enjoy what you've created.
A Note: After one of these, you'll feel as if any old backyard is a garden of paradise. After two, you might just want to put on a fig leaf. Warn the neighbors in advance (or invite them over to have a few Edens).
Recipes, Revelations, Refreshments,
and Romance, Shaken and Served with a Twist
by A. J. Rathbun
Harvard Common Press, 2007
$29.95; Hardcover, 496 pages
Reprinted by permission.
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created 2007