- 3 peeled cucumbers
- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large slice white country bread, crust removed, cubed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and white pepper
Prepare the cucumbers:
Cut each cucumber in half lengthwise. Using a teaspoon, scoop out and discard the seeds. Roughly chop 2-1/2 of the cucumbers. Finely chop the remaining cucumbers half and reserve for garnish.
In a food processor or blender, combine the cucumbers, yogurt, 1 tablespoon of the mint, the garlic, onion, bread, and broth. Process to a smooth pur�e. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
Garnish the soup:
Serve at once or, for a chilled soup, transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for 2-8 hours. Ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with the reserved cucumber and the remaining mint and serve.
- Food Made Fast—Soup
- from Williams-Sonoma
- Oxmoor House 2006
- Color photographs throughout
- 0-8487-3135-2 (Pasta)
- 0-8487-3136-0 (Soup)
- 0-8487-3137-9 (Weeknight)
- 0-8487-3138-7 (Baking)
- 0-8487-3139-5 (Slow Cooker)
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
Food Made Fast
- Spaghetti with Mixed Seafood (Pasta)
- Cucumber Soup (Soup)
- Chicken & Mango Salad (Weeknight)
- Lemon Buttermilk Bars (Baking)
- Chili Verde (Slow Cooker)
Food Made Fast recipes from the Spring 2007 books in the series: Seafood, Grilling, Salad, and Asian.
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page modified March 2007