- 8 ounces canned roasted whole green chiles
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and ground white pepper
- Steamed white rice, for serving
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (fresh coriander), chopped
Cook the stew:
Put the chiles and their liquid in the slow cooker, tearing the chiles into coarse strips with your fingers. Stir in the pork, chicken broth, garlic, oregano, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon white pepper. Cover and cook on the high-heat setting for 4 hours or the low-heat setting for 8 hours.
Serve and garnish the stew:
Taste and adjust the seasoning. Ladle the stew over steamed rice and serve, passing the sour cream and cilantro at the table.
- Food Made Fast—Slow Cooker
- from Williams-Sonoma
- Oxmoor House 2006
- Color photographs throughout
- 0-8487-3135-2 (Pasta)
- 0-8487-3136-0 (Soup)
- 0-8487-3137-9 (Weeknight)
- 0-8487-3138-7 (Baking)
- 0-8487-3139-5 (Slow Cooker)
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
Food Made Fast
- Spaghetti with Mixed Seafood (Pasta)
- Cucumber Soup (Soup)
- Chicken & Mango Salad (Weeknight)
- Lemon Buttermilk Bars (Baking)
- Chili Verde (Slow Cooker)
Food Made Fast recipes from the Spring 2007 books in the series: Seafood, Grilling, Salad, and Asian.
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page modified March 2007