By Gwen Ashley Walters
From Kona Village Resort, Hawaii
1 tablespoon butter
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
4 large eggs
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups chopped unsalted macadamia nuts, about 8 ounces
9-inch piecrust, uncooked
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Melt butter and chocolate together in a double boiler over simmering water. Set aside to cool for 2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, beat eggs at high speed with a mixer until frothy, about 1 minute, then reduce speed to medium and beat in chocolate mixture, corn syrup, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth, about another minute or so.
4. Stir in macadamia nuts and pour into prepared piecrust.
5. Bake until firm in the middle, about 40-50 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean when done.
6. Remove and cool 20 minutes before serving. This pie slices easier if chilled first.
Copyright © 2001, Gwen Ashley Walters. All rights reserved.
Gwen Ashley Walters is cookbook author, cooking teacher, food writer and Certified Culinary Professional with a degree in Culinary Arts. Gwen's travel guide/cookbooks, The Great Ranch Cookbook, (1998) and The Cool Mountain Cookbook, (2001) were published by Pen & Fork Communications.
This page created April 2001
Copyright © 1994-2017,