Nepal's cuisine has been heavily influenced by climate as well as neighboring India. Typical meals include rice, lentils, pickles and curried vegetables.
Shikarni (Yogurt Sauce)
- 1 C. or 200 gm of yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. or 1 gm saffron
- 1 tsp. or 5 gm cinnamon
- 3 Tbs. or 40 gm sugar
- 1 tsp. or 1 tsp. or 5 gm cardamom
- 1 tsp. or 5 gm almond
- 1/2 tsp. or 3 gm black pepper
1. Tie yogurt in a muslin cloth and let all the water content drain off.
2. Mix the yogurt with sugar, powdered cinnamon, cardamom, cardamom, black pepper saffron and whip.
3. Strain the remaining moisture content with the muslin cloth and serve chilled topped with Almond or any other dry fruits.
Also check out our India page for additional recipes.
Back to the main Nepal page
More country Destinations
This page modified January 2007