Nepal's cuisine has been heavily influenced by climate as well as neighboring India. Typical meals include rice, lentils, pickles and curried vegetables.
Aloo Tareko (Fried Potatoes)
- 3-1/2 C. or 800 gm of potatoes
- salt to taste
- 3/4 Tbs. or 10 gm ginger paste
- 3/4 Tbs. or 10 gm garlic paste
- 2 Tbs. or 40 ml oil
- 1/2 Tbs. or 8 gm turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tbs. or 8 gm coriander leaf
- 3/4 Tbs. or 10 gm cumin powder
- chile powder to taste
1. Boil whole potatoes, peel the skin and cut into finger slices.
2. Heat oil and fry the potatoes till it turns to golden brown.
3. Remove the excess oil from fried potatoes and keep frying while you add cumin powder, turmeric powder, ginger and garlic paste, chile powder and salt.
4. Continue cooking till the spices gets soaked.
5. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaf.
Also check out our India page for additional recipes.
Back to the main Nepal page
More country Destinations
This page modified January 2007