Though once dominated by British culinary tastes, Australian cuisine is now influenced by a variety of Mediterranean and Asian foods introduced by immigrant cultures. Many people living outside of Australia think of native Bush Tucker when they contemplate Australian food, but Southeast Asian, Greek, Lebanese and Italian influences are now more common.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C and heat a frying pan until hot and add butter.
2. Fry onion, bush spices, potato, sweet potato, turnip and swede for five minutes or until soft.
3. Allow to cool slightly while baking pastry.
4. On the bottom a greased pie dish place one sheet of pastry and bake for ten minutes or until pastry has risen and is slightly browned.
5. Crumble fetta into vegetable mixture and mix through. Place mixture into pie dish and top with the remaining sheet of pastry. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
6. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
To save time, use premade uncooked pastry cases and blind bake for 10 minutes while your frying the other ingredients
This recipe is courtesy of McCormick Foods Australia and Woolworth's, The Fresh Food People.
Back to the main Australia page
Australia on Wikipedia
More country Destinations
This page modified January 2007
Copyright © 1994-2017,