Though once dominated by British culinary tastes, Australian cuisine is now influenced by a variety of Mediterranean and Asian foods introduced by immigrant cultures. Many people living outside of Australia think of native Bush Tucker when they contemplate Australian food, but Southeast Asian, Greek, Lebanese and Italian influences are now more common.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
1. Place the eye fillets into a freezer bag with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and the bush spices. Coat well.
2. Remove from the bag, then cut a length ways pocket into each steak and stuff each with 1/4 of the blue vein cheese.
3. Heat frying pan until smoking and cook steaks to your liking, and allow to rest for 5 minutes in foil.
4. Using the same pan add the rest of the oil and the remaining ingredients.
5. Stir-fry until spinach has just wilted then serve as a bed under the steaks.
Resting meat after cooking retains the juices and makes the meat tender.
This recipe is courtesy of McCormick Foods Australia and Woolworth's, The Fresh Food People
Back to the main Australia page
Australia on Wikipedia
More country Destinations
This page modified January 2007
Copyright © 1994-2017,