Makes 8 to 10 servings
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C)
9-inch (23 cm) springform pan
1/2 cup whole blanched almonds
3 tbsp granulated sugar
1-1/2 cups graham wafer crumbs (about 20 wafers)
1/3 cup melted butter
6 oz white chocolate, melted (see tip below) and slightly cooled
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 packages (each 8 oz/250g) cream cheese, softened
1 package (10 oz/300 g) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed and drained
1. Prepare the crust: In blender, on high speed, blend almonds and sugar until finely chopped. Pulse in graham wafer crumbs and butter until combined. Press into pan and bake in preheated oven until brown and firm, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
2. Prepare the cheesecake: In clean blender, on high speed, blend eggs, chocolate, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth. With motor running, through hole in top, add cream cheese, about 1 tbsp at a time. Blend until smooth. Pour 4 cups of cheese mixture over crust.
3. Add raspberries to remaining mixture in blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing to remove seeds.
4. Drop five circles of raspberry mixture around edges of cheese mixture; drop one circle in center. With the tip of a knife, swirl each raspberry circle slightly into cheese mixture to create a marbled effect.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) until almost set, about 45 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a rack. Remove from pan and transfer to a plate. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, until chilled, or for up to 3 days.
Using the blender is a great way to cut down on the mess of preparing this impressive dessert.
To make graham wafer crumbs, break graham wafers into small pieces and pulse 3/4 cup (175 mL) at a time in blender.
Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over hot, but not boiling, water.
The Blender Bible
by Andrew Chase and Nicole Young
Robert Rose, Inc. (Firefly Books)
384 pages, $19.95 paperback
Recipe reprinted by permission
This page created July 2005
Copyright © 1994-2017,