1 pound salmon fillet, trimmed,
with all pin bones removed
1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
1 teaspoon chopped dill, divided
1 whole lime
oil, for greasing
2 shallots, diced fine
1 tablespoon finely shredded basil leaves
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup dry white wine
2 cloves of crushed garlic
6 large plum tomatoes, skinned, seeded,
and chopped roughly into large chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut salmon into 4 equal parts.
3. Coat salmon with cracked peppercorns and 1/2 teaspoon dill. Grate a little lime zest over salmon.
4. Place on a lightly oiled sheet pan. Bake in preheated oven, 6-8 minutes.
1. In a medium saucepan, place 1 teaspoon olive oil, garlic, and diced shallots. Sauté over medium heat, 1 minute, without coloring.
2. Add white wine and juice of the lime. Reduce by half.
3. Add tomato chunks and basil leaves. Mix and gently heat, 1 minute.
Place the tomato-and-basil relish in the center of a warmed deep-dish plate. Arrange the salmon on top. Fresh flowering herb sprigs may be used to decorate.
Elegant Irish Cooking
Hundreds of Recipes from the World's Foremost Irish Chefs
By Noel C. Cullen, Ed.D., CMC, AAC
Photography by Ron Manville
March 2001, $35.00/Hardcover
70 four-color photographs
Recipe reprinted by permission.
Main Ireland and Irish Recipes page.
This page created March 2002
Anatolia: Turkish Recipes
The Beer Bible
Beetlebung Farm Cookbook
Bird in Hand (Chicken)
Bob's Joke Burgers
Dinner at Home
Fast Food (Andrew Weil)
Food 52 Genius
The Food Lab
Heritage Southern Recipes
Jemima Code African Recipes
Near & Far World Recipes
NOPI Restaurant Cookbook
Oxford Companion to Wine
Phoenix Claws: Chinese
The Third Plate
V Is for Vegetables
What Katie Ate
The Whole 30
Whole Food Kitchen
Zahav Israeli Cooking
Copyright © 1994-2016,