Makes 30 sandwich cookies
Prep 30 minutes
Bake at 375 degrees F. for 8 to 10 minutes
There's peanut butter and marshmallow cream in every bite. Now the only question is: Do you eat the filling first?
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/3 cups chunky peanut butter
1/4 cup peanuts, finely chopped
1-1/3 cups marshmallow cream
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Whisk together flour; baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
3. with a mixer on medium speed, beat sugars and butter in a medium-size bowl until blended. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. On low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 2/3 cup peanut butter.
4. Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 1-1/2 inches apart. Top each with 1/8 teaspoon chopped peanuts.
5. Bake in heated 375 degree oven 8 to 10 minutes, until golden. Cool cookies 2 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to racks to cool completely.
6. Turn cookies flat side up. Spoon about 2 teaspoons marshmallow cream onto half of the cookies. Spread about 1 teaspoon peanut butter onto each remaining cookie, then invert on top of a marshmallow cream-topped cookie.
Family Circle Best-Ever Cakes & Cookies
Plus Pies, Tarts, and Other Desserts
Compiled by the Editors of Family Circle
Broadway Books, October 2001
288 pages with 28 full-color photographs
Recipe reprinted by permission.
This page created December 2001
The Global Gourmet®
175 Home Recipes
Burma: Rivers of Flavor
Cake Mix Doctor
Craft of Coffee
Crazy Sexy Kitchen
Fifty Shades Chicken
French Slow Cooker
Frontera - Rick Bayless
Gluten-Free Quick & Easy
Jerusalem: A Cookbook
Lidia's Favorite Recipes
Make-Ahead and Freeze
Paleo Slow Cooking
Quick Family Cookbook
Southern Living Recipes
Sweet Life in Paris
Trader Joe's Vegetarian
Copyright © 1994-2017,