Makes 30 sandwich cookies
Prep 30 minutes
Bake at 375 degrees F. for 8 to 10 minutes
There's peanut butter and marshmallow cream in every bite. Now the only question is: Do you eat the filling first?
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/3 cups chunky peanut butter
1/4 cup peanuts, finely chopped
1-1/3 cups marshmallow cream
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Whisk together flour; baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
3. with a mixer on medium speed, beat sugars and butter in a medium-size bowl until blended. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. On low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 2/3 cup peanut butter.
4. Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 1-1/2 inches apart. Top each with 1/8 teaspoon chopped peanuts.
5. Bake in heated 375 degree oven 8 to 10 minutes, until golden. Cool cookies 2 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to racks to cool completely.
6. Turn cookies flat side up. Spoon about 2 teaspoons marshmallow cream onto half of the cookies. Spread about 1 teaspoon peanut butter onto each remaining cookie, then invert on top of a marshmallow cream-topped cookie.
Family Circle Best-Ever Cakes & Cookies
Plus Pies, Tarts, and Other Desserts
Compiled by the Editors of Family Circle
Broadway Books, October 2001
288 pages with 28 full-color photographs
Recipe reprinted by permission.
This page created December 2001
Anatolia: Turkish Recipes
The Beer Bible
Beetlebung Farm Cookbook
Bird in Hand (Chicken)
Bob's Joke Burgers
Dinner at Home
Fast Food (Andrew Weil)
Food 52 Genius
The Food Lab
Heritage Southern Recipes
Jemima Code African Recipes
Near & Far World Recipes
NOPI Restaurant Cookbook
Oxford Companion to Wine
Phoenix Claws: Chinese
The Third Plate
V Is for Vegetables
What Katie Ate
The Whole 30
Whole Food Kitchen
Zahav Israeli Cooking
Copyright © 1994-2016,