1. How To Enter: Create a haiku utilizing the directions on the contest main page. Submit your entry via the online form. Online entries must be submitted by 11:59 P.M. (EST) on August 31, 2001. Contestants may enter as often as they like during the contest period. No purchase is necessary.
The Global Gourmet (Sponsor) is not responsible for entries that are late, misdirected, lost, garbled, unintelligible including those due to computer or network malfunction and any such entries are ineligible.
2. Who Can Enter: Contest open to legal residents of the United States and Canada. Prizes can only be shipped to addresses in the United States or Canada. This contest void wherever prohibited. Employees of the Global Gourmet, its subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, or members of the immediate household of any such employees, are ineligible.
3. Details: Entries will be judged for originality, creativity, clarity of thought, and appropriateness. Words must be entrant's original creation, executed solely by the entrant and may not have won any other award or be subject to any rights of any other party. By entering, contestant asserts the authenticity of the work and agrees to be bound by these official rules. For children under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian of the contestant is responsible for asserting eligibility and the authenticity of the work.
4. License: Contestant retains copyright ownership of each entry. By entering, contestant grants the sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide license and permission to publish the entry submitted to the contest in any medium, including but not limited to electronic media, digital media, print media. Such right shall be in perpetuity and without compensation of any kind now or in the future. Contestant shall have no rights against (and covenants not to bring) any claim, action, or proceeding against the sponsor or any of their affiliated companies, or agents, employees, or officers or representatives in connection with this program.
5. Prizes: Six prizes shall be awarded in this contest. One Grand Prize Winner will receive six cookbooks valued at $150 total. Five Runners Up will each receive a collection of four cookbooks valued at $100 total. Limit of one prize per household. No cash alternatives or other substitutions for prize allowed. Prizes are non-transferable. A complete list of prizes is available at: "Haiku of Food" Contest Prize Page.
6. Judging: Judging will be conducted on or about September 15, 2001. Entries will be screened for authenticity and appropriateness. Final judging will be conducted by the editorial staff of the Global Gourmet. Judges' decisions will be final.
7. Notification: Prize winners will be notified by email on or about September 15, 2001. Failure of a winner to provide a mailing address for the prize by September 22, 2001 may result in forfeiture. Winners will be asked to sign and submit a form confirming verification of eligibility, consent to use name and likeness in related advertising or publications, a release of liability. For winners under the age of 18, a parent will be asked to submit the appropriate forms.
8. Taxes: Payment of all federal, state, and local taxes and fees, are the sole responsibility of and must be paid by the winners.
9. Laws: All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
10. Winners: Winners will be posted on globalgourmet.com on or about October 1, 2001.
Global Gourmet is a trademark of the electronic Gourmet Guide, Inc. (eGG).
Copyright © 2001, Kate Heyhoe. All rights reserved.
This page created July 2001
The Global Gourmet®
175 Home Recipes
Burma: Rivers of Flavor
Cake Mix Doctor
Craft of Coffee
Crazy Sexy Kitchen
Fifty Shades Chicken
French Slow Cooker
Frontera - Rick Bayless
Gluten-Free Quick & Easy
Jerusalem: A Cookbook
Lidia's Favorite Recipes
Make-Ahead and Freeze
Paleo Slow Cooking
Quick Family Cookbook
Southern Living Recipes
Sweet Life in Paris
Trader Joe's Vegetarian
Copyright © 1994-2017,