by Kate Heyhoe
2 tablespoons fresh curry leaves (about 24)
1 clove garlic, peeled
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 Roma tomato
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
2 red snapper fillets, about 10 to 12 ounces
Garnish: 1/2 teaspoon black onion seeds, toasted (optional)
1. Using a mini-food processor or hand blender with chopping attachment, finely chop the curry leaves and garlic. Add the olive oil and process until the curry leaves are speckled throughout the oil and the oil is emulsified.
2. Chop the tomato and set aside.
3. Mix together the flour, salt and pepper. Dredge the fish in the seasoned flour then shake off excess.
4. On medium-high, heat a thin layer of canola oil in a skillet until hot. Add the fish and fry on one side until crisp and brown, about 2 to 4 minutes. Flip the fish and cook on the other side until cooked though but still moist and tender inside.
5. Arrange the fish on plates or a serving platter. Drizzle some of the curry leaf oil on top, then spoon on some diced tomato and sprinkle with toasted black onion seeds.
Kate's Global Kitchen for September, 2001:09/01/01 Scoring Points
Copyright © 2001, Kate Heyhoe. All rights reserved.
This page created September 2001
The Global Gourmet®
175 Home Recipes
Burma: Rivers of Flavor
Cake Mix Doctor
Craft of Coffee
Crazy Sexy Kitchen
Fifty Shades Chicken
French Slow Cooker
Frontera - Rick Bayless
Gluten-Free Quick & Easy
Jerusalem: A Cookbook
Lidia's Favorite Recipes
Make-Ahead and Freeze
Paleo Slow Cooking
Quick Family Cookbook
Southern Living Recipes
Sweet Life in Paris
Trader Joe's Vegetarian
Copyright © 1994-2017,