|Colored cocoa butter and/or couverture, for decoration||as needed||as needed||as needed|
|Milk couverture, 37%, tempered, for casting and capping||200 g||7.1 oz||3/4 cup|
|Heavy cream||300 g||10.6 oz||1-1/3 cups|
|Salt||3 g||0.1 oz||1/3 tsp|
|Glucose||35 g||1.2 oz||1-1/2 tbsp|
|Vanilla bean||3 g||0.1 oz||1/3 ea|
|Invert sugar||35 g||1.2 oz||1 tbsp + 1 tsp|
|Macadamia paste||160 g||5.6 oz||1 cup|
|Milk couverture, 37%, chopped or coins||300 g||10.6 oz||2 cups|
|Cocoa butter, melted||45 g||1.5 oz||3 tbsp|
|Yield 96 molded pralines||1081 g||38.0 oz|
1. Prepare 4 molds with twenty-four 0.4 oz/11 g cavities or 3 molds with thirty-two 0.4 oz/11 g cavities with colored cocoa butter or couverture as desired.
2. Cast the molds with the milk couverture.
3. Combine the cream, salt, and glucose in a medium pot. Split the vanilla bean, scrape the seeds, add the pod and seeds to the cream, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
4. Combine the invert sugar, macadamia paste, and chopped milk couverture. Strain the hot cream mixture into the couverture mixture, and set aside undisturbed for 1 minute.
5. Using a spatula, stir in small circles starting in the center of the bowl, then gradually in wider circles, to create an emulsion.
6. Cool to 94 degrees F/34.5 degrees C. Add the melted cocoa butter and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and let cool to 88 degrees F/31.1 degrees C.
7. When the mixture reaches 88 degrees F/31.1 degrees C, place in a pastry bag with a small hole cut in the tip and pipe into the prepared molds. Let set overnight at room temperature.
8. Once the ganache has completely set, cap with milk couverture. Place in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 minutes to set.
9. Tap the molds on the table to release the chocolates.
10. Store in an airtight container at 57 degrees to 61 degrees F/13.9 degrees to 16.1 degrees C in a dark, dry place.
1. Using an airbrush, lightly spray the molds with yellow cocoa butter.
2. Spray a touch of red cocoa butter into one side of each cavity.
This page created March 2011
Anatolia: Turkish Recipes
The Beer Bible
Beetlebung Farm Cookbook
Bird in Hand (Chicken)
Bob's Joke Burgers
Dinner at Home
Fast Food (Andrew Weil)
Food 52 Genius
The Food Lab
Heritage Southern Recipes
Jemima Code African Recipes
Near & Far World Recipes
NOPI Restaurant Cookbook
Oxford Companion to Wine
Phoenix Claws: Chinese
The Third Plate
V Is for Vegetables
What Katie Ate
The Whole 30
Whole Food Kitchen
Zahav Israeli Cooking
Copyright © 1994-2016,